ERC European Resuscitation Council Contact - FAQ     
Home  | News & Events  | Publications  | Resources  | Forum  | Shop  | Partners  | About ERC      

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Teaching CPR at schools, Should we? At what age?
nick_king
Posted: Mar 3 2009, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 5752

A few thoughts about this matter.

Please go to www.cprkarpa.com/blog because I couldn’t upload the pdf file.

Please share your thoughts

just click on the link
Analyzing articles on emergency medicine, cardiac arrest and resuscitation

NV
PMEmail Poster
gerrithagendoorn
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 3466

Quite agree with the article. As a teacher I know the importance of it. But it’s very difficult convincing the Board of the school doing something like this.
I work at a school for Secondary Vocational Education with 20.000 pupils and about 2000 teachers.
In some professional directions it’s standard teching a first aid course and BLS/AED but in most directions it is not.
PMEmail Poster
nick_king
Posted: Mar 11 2009, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

hi there.. Could you tell me from which country you come??? I dont think a cpr course at schools should be discussed with the school bord only. It should be a community based programme and its founding ( to buy manikens, travel expenses etc.) should rather be discussed with either the community authorities (mayor and so on) or with the board of all schools together (dont know the exact name of this association in English). and I think it will be much more difficult to convince the teachers then the director of each school.

Thankl you very much for your response
PMEmail Poster
mikegreville
Posted: Mar 13 2009, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 180347

Hi I am a campus police officer based in East Renfrewshire Scotland
I teach the British heart foundation(BHF) Heartstart ELS programme to11 - 17 yr old secondary school pupils over 6 periods as part of the curriculum,

Easy to deliver and I get fantastic back up /support from BHF and the school
PMEmail Poster
nick_king
Posted: Mar 13 2009, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Thank you very much for your reply. It is the kind of feedback, I was hoping for.

Do you train them only CPR or AED,too?

Who are the best trainees? 11-13, 14-15 or 16-17 old????

Thx

PMEmail Poster
Lareida
Posted: May 20 2009, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 9338

I teached cpr in schools as a pilot project five years ago in switzerland. I had a super feedback. Since two years I am trying to get into the schoolplan to teach cpr only on the 7th class. It is very difficult to talk with the school and with the teachers. I tryed with the school departement. Everybody is excited on the idea but for the implementation nobody takes the responsibilty. Each school level has two weeks per year a free schedule and cpr would only take a half day. Would somebody has other ideas to inspire the departement, the teachers or the politicians.
PMEmail Poster
Sonanro
Posted: May 31 2009, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 113243

Hi I'm a nurse and I'm thinking about making a project on this matter and everything that have been said on this forum goes side by side with my thoughts and doubts. the project would be teaching the school teachers how to act in an emergency situation, where i live there are no nurses or doctor's at schools and i think it is very important for teachers to learn what to do, just in case... do you have any idea where to start??? there are some good ideas already expressed here!!
PMEmail Poster
renaatgabriel1
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 46688

Hello

I am a teacher and a teacher's teacher in Flanders (Belgium). In our country every secundary school pupil has to know CPR and basic first aid, by royal decree (law). In reality however many schools do not teach this. I think that they lack competent teachers or enough incentive.

I teach it to 16-20 years old in secundary level and this works fine. Only CPR no AED.

During teachers training they receive First aid (bleeding, unconsciousness, safety, burns,.. ) , but no CPR/AED. .

Best of luck

Renaat GABRIEL
PMEmail Poster
nick_king
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Thank you very much for your replies its touching that in other countries (NOT in Greece) authorities take the matter of CPR- first AID serious. Any ideas how to convince them to start a pilot project?
PMEmail Poster
jesskarobins110
Posted: Jun 7 2009, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 206093

Interesting topic.
PMEmail Poster
onlinecpr
Posted: Jun 20 2009, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 204868

QUOTE (nick_king @ Mar 5 2009, 02:59 PM)
Still no reply??? I am wondering, nobody got nothing to say....

wink.gif go to Free Online CPR

You can get free online CPR training from here : http://www.cprcertification.us
PMEmail Poster
helen2009
Posted: Jul 25 2009, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 215767

QUOTE (nick_king @ Mar 3 2009, 03:45 PM)
A few thoughts about this matter.

Please go to www.cprkarpa.com/blog because I couldn’t upload the pdf file.

Please share your thoughts

just click on the link
Analyzing articles on emergency medicine, cardiac arrest and resuscitation

NV

tongue.gif Many thanks for your information,can you send more information to my email:leeparking2000@yahoo.com.cn or info@www.AEDsupershopping.com?
Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
  Posted: Oct 10 2009, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

I am an A & E Nurse and set up with a colleauge & teachers at my childrens school the British Heart Foundation Schools Programme - Emergency Life Support Skills.6 weeks of 40 mins a session for year 5 & 6 (9 - 11 yrs). Using their resourse & our knowledge & experience it was a huge success. we are now continuing this as a rolling programme throughout the whole school from 5 yrs upwards and they all love it. comments & support from parents is also positive.
would encourage anyone to do it......
PMEmail Poster
austinstrickland
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 232679

QUOTE (nick_king @ Mar 11 2009, 10:33 AM)
hi there.. Could you tell me from which country you come??? I dont think a cpr course at schools should be discussed with the school bord only. It should be community based massage therapy programs and its founding ( to buy manikens, travel expenses etc.) should rather be discussed with either the community authorities (mayor and so on) or with the board of all schools together (dont know the exact name of this association in English). and I think it will be much more difficult to convince the teachers then the director of each school.

Thankl you very much for your response

I believe the links given up are quite helpful. I just want to let you know that thw organization I am attached with is also rolling out such programs. I would like you and others to provide comments and suggestion that what you think about it and what are you thoughts. And if anyone needs support contact me.

BTW thank you renaatgabriel1 for your valuable input. really helpful..

Austin
PMEmail Poster
MTonyT
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 543265

My brother in law's father died of a heart attack on the tennis court. I am involved in tennis in a big way.

Wouldn't it be great if everyone got training in school in CPR? Then if they ever are confronted with an athlete having a heart attack, they could save that person's life.

At one of my websites, I help people suffering from Tennis Elbow. Perhaps I should use that website to promote learning CPR.

Anyone have ideas of how that might best be done?
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll