ERC European Resuscitation Council Contact - FAQ     
Home  | News & Events  | Publications  | Resources  | Forum  | Shop  | Partners  | About ERC      

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> practicing in died post ressucitation victim
Dr_NohaOmer
Posted: Jun 15 2009, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Guest Member

Member No.: 208332

Hello for all members,

I just want to discuss a topic that i really know its strongly will opposed by the most for ITS ethical and moral consideration.

Firstly, am a young medical officer,from Sudan and i had just complete my training year and became a licensed medical officer..
i join the ALS course in my country,and also read the ALS guidelines carefully,
i like the statistical data about the victim alive( in -hospital to discharge),even the percentage is low but i could observe it is zero in my country..
paramedics and even doctors are confused and get scary when they deal with airway management...

alot of cases I was attended, were need an immediate tracheal intubation or cricothyridectomy..
but these procedures never carried in the correct time or not carried at all becouse of hesitation and they only know the theoretical practicing of that procedure.also as mentioned in the ALS course manual (5th edition):
(tracheal intubation during cardiac arrest should be attempted only by those undertaking the procedure regularly) page 53.
so, my suggestion, based on my observations of alot of failed and ineffective resuscitations of arrested patients,,,,is why not to give a chance for nurses and doctors to continuo the life support procedures in patients that we are rescuing them and we failed..i mean why not to train intubation in this died patient, in consider we have to do this but not attempted becuase of loss of expert or was consuming the time for CPR....

this becuase its a procedure could hardly trained in skin models or minikin...
the same is for the tracheotomy and cricothyridectomy...

and the aim of this will be a large benefits for the coming expected arrested patients, i.e not to lost more patients and to increase the rate of successful resuscitations.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][SIZE=14]
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll