Niel, 13 March 2023
Dear Full Member of the European Resuscitation Council,
I am pleased to inform you that the ERC has opened a call for candidates for Director External Affairs. The term of Office of the Director External Affairs will end in June 2023, and therefore an opportunity presents for highly dynamic and motivated candidates to apply for this position.
A Board Director holds a key strategic position within the Board of the ERC, providing direction to the organisation by leading with creativity and innovation in a spirit of collaboration and professionalism both within the Board and with the staff members of the ERC Office.
The ERC is committed to enhancing diversity and particularly welcomes applications from groups currently underrepresented in the organisation. This will help reducing gender, professional and geographic inequalities in the composition of the decision-making structures of the ERC.
- Is the interface with other European Associations
- Coordinates the joint sessions during congresses of other organisations
- Is the interface with the European Commission
- Has a vision and plan on how to contribute to the Strategic Goals of the ERC
- Is a full member of the ERC for at least 2 years
- Has significant professional and scientific merits
- Has no significant conflict of interest
Please be aware that it is very important that members of the ERC Board are able to attend the Board meetings, held four times a year physically or via teleconference, and the General Assembly meetings, held twice a year, and to take responsibility for the tasks as described in the work description. The term of office of this position is 2 years and is renewable. The travel costs for the purpose of these meetings will be borne by the ERC as defined in its Travel Policy.
Should you be interested in applying for this position then please send your application to the ERC Secretariat. Please note that candidates should be a resident of a European country as defined in the ERC statutes (list of countries in attachment).
Your application should include:
- A proof of residency (copy of your identity card or passport)
- A letter outlining your motivation for applying, indicating what you could offer to the post, how you plan to contribute to the strategic goals of the ERC in general and particularly in this position, and how much time you will be able to give
- A short CV
- A Conflict of Interest declaration (use the attached form)
- A recent picture of yourself
This dossier should be sent to [email protected] by midnight Brussels time
7th of May 2023 at the latest and will only be accepted when complete.
The Director External Affairs will be elected by the General Assembly on
15th June 2023. By applying for a position of Board Director, you agree that your dossier (except ID) will be shared with the Governance Committee and General Assembly members.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions about these elections or should you wish to acquire more information we encourage you to contact the ERC Office ([email protected]).
With best wishes,
Prof. Dr. Koen Monsieurs
European Resuscitation Council
Version 13/03/2023 / ERC Statutes art. 3.3
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Netherlands (The)
- North Macedonia
- Republic of Moldova
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United Kingdom